Community hubs are here to help
In response to the coronavirus pandemic we have worked with district and borough councils across Norfolk to set up community hubs to help people who are:
- Listed as being under the ‘shielding’ measure from coronavirus under the Government’s guidance for those with specific medical conditions (those who have received a letter from the NHS)
- Those who are considered vulnerable
If you are in one of these groups and you are finding one or many aspects of life difficult to manage, or know someone who is, our community hubs will link you up with voluntary or community organisations that can help you with a range of tasks and support.
Help is on offer for many everyday tasks including:
- Accessing food and deliveries
- How to get your prescriptions
- Walking your pet
- Advice on benefits and other financial support
- Advice on how to stay well and active
- Arranging emergency home and heating repairs
- Accessing online services for people without internet access
If you or someone you know needs any help during this difficult time, please contact us on 0344 800 8020.
With advice starting to change, the Norfolk Resilience Forum is reminding Norfolk residents that those shielding should not go out to work, to shop or visit friends in their homes.